Thursday, February 19, 2009

Treasured Scrapbooking: We Love Our Members Week 3

Straight from the website, here are this week's directions:

Now who wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a moonlight serenade from his/her sweetheart? I want you to use the lyrics and music to my favorite song of all time- Moonlight Serenade by Glenn Miller- for inspiration!!

Watch this for the music- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZmB988vvSI

And here are the lyrics that were written later by Mitchell Parish-
I stand at your gate and the song that I sing is of moonlight.
I stand and I wait for the touch of your hand in the June night.
The roses are sighing a Moonlight Serenade.

The stars are aglow and tonight how their light sets me dreaming.
My love, do you know that your eyes are like stars brightly beaming?
I bring you and sing you a Moonlight Serenade.

Let us stray till break of day
in love's valley of dreams.
Just you and I, a summer sky,
a heavenly breeze kissing the trees.

So don't let me wait, come to me tenderly in the June night.
I stand at your gate and I sing you a song in the moonlight,
a love song, my darling, a Moonlight Serenade.

Your challenge requirements-
1. You must use part or all of the song lyrics somewhere on your layout.
2. You must include something on your layout that has been in your stash for at least 6 months. When you upload your layout, please be sure to notate in the description what you used to meet this requirement.

Anything else goes, so let your creativity shine!!!


And here is what i created.



The black ribbon and the word stickers (summer and shine) are the old items from my stash.

No comments: