Thursday, February 26, 2009

My March kit - part 1

Scrapbookdeals4u March kits go on sale tomorrow. I was able to play with the Secret Garden kit this month and its very beautiful. The "B" side of the papers are just as beautiful as the front side too! The Dream Street letters are a lot of fun. Since they are white there is a lot of possibility to dress them up.

Here is my first layout.
Image
This is Kylie with my parents on her baptism day. My mom made her dress. I used a brown glimmer mist on the letters. Then I heat embossed them with UTEE. There are 3-4 layers on each letter. I also sewed on my buttons! It was oddly satisfying to finally do that!

Here is a close up of the letters and buttons.
Image

The center circle is crinkled and sanded to reveal the lighter core of this fun cardstock.

My second layout is a blatant lift of Nicole's layout with the other kit. You will have to check the boards to see her layout!
Image
This is Wade saying no to the camera! Actually, I think he is trying to grab it.


Here is a close up of these letters.
Image
I glimmer misted these with a color called Patina. These are the ones I used the Glossy Accents on. I love that stuff. I also put GA on the leaves of the rub-ons and on the scalloped circle spots.

I edged the scallops with my stardust pen. That scallop paper was pulled from my stash.

Stay tuned for 2 more layouts.





No comments: