Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday Night Cropping

So I haven't been to a scrapbook crop outside ofmy house for a very long time. I forgot how much fun that is! I also forgot how much I could get done if I focused just on pages and not the computer, TV and working on the pages!

Last night I cropped with my good friend Martha and some of her cropping gals. I only knew two of the other girls from before, Amy and Holly. I met them at CHA. It was great to meet the other girls too!

So here is what I got done last night.

This is a double page kit from the store we cropped at last night. Its their Valentine's layout class featuring Fancy Pants paper. I wanted the paper so I decided to just do the kit. I think it turned out really cute!



This page is for the sketch over at 52 sketchs, 52 weeks, #6


This one is for the Feb sketch contest at SoCalScraps.us

This is for Inspired Blueprints Sketch #9
This one was just for fun because I had this cute picture of my grandparents from last weekend at my cousin's wedding and all these scraps of SR paper. I love this layout even though it is simple.
This layout is a lift of the lovely and super talented Denine Zielinski. Here is a post on her blog about lifting herself. Go see the layouts that inpired this one HERE
I think I was able to get so much done because I had a plan. I brought sketches and ideas for pages to complete rather than just going without thinking. lesson learned: a little planning goesa long way.

3 comments:

Debbie Jensen said...

Jenny, you inspire me to be a better scrapper! I'm always amazed at how much you are able to get done every week!

Thanks for bringing me over to SD4U and reminding me of my passion for scrapping! I had placed it on the back burner while I concentrated on making cards. I'm so glad that you've helped to light a fire under me and get me going on capturing these memories for my family again!

denine zielinski said...

I love your lift of my page, Jen! It really turned out awesome! My oh my...you got quite a bit of scrapping done, didn't you?

Andrea Venn said...

Hi I love your layouts and am a San Diego Scrapbooker as well. I thought you may be interested in an upcoming National Scrapbook Day event.
Check it out at my blog
www.andreavenn.typepad.com
Hope you can make it!