Are you ready to create a fun project?
Here we go!
I have a thing for advent calendars and counting down the day until Christmas. I think it stems from only having one advent growing up and having to take turns with my 3 siblings putting the little ornaments up on the felt tree. I want my kids to have lots of chances to put up the trinkets so I have lots of calendars. So with that said, here is a project!
Gather your supplies.
1 cookie sheet (I got mine from the dollar store)
2-4 pieces of your favorite paper
2 pieces of trim
25 chipboard pieces
stickles/glimmer mist/anything blingy!
1. Cut your first piece of paper in half and fit it into the cookie sheet. I had to round my corners and trim it a bit.
2. Cut your second piece of paper to fit across the middle of your cookie sheet. I left about two inches at the top and bottom of the sheet.
3. Punch two borders out of contrasting colored paper and adhere to the top and bottom of the center piece. You can ink these for added contrast if you wish.
4. Adhere trim over seams of paper. I used ribbon, but use whatever floats your boat.
5. Add your title with Thickers or stickers to the cookie sheet. Mine says "25 Days of" on the top and "Christmas" on the bottom.
6. Adhere a center square of paper to the middle of your cookie sheet and divide it into a 5x5 grid. My piece is 7" x 7" and the squares are 1 3/8". At this point, I sprayed Glimmer Mist over the whole cookie sheet to give it some sparkle.
7. Embellish your 25 chipboard pieces. I used various stars from my American Crafts stash. I inked each star and covered with stickles and Pink Paislee Pixie Stix glitter.
8. Add your numbers to each square on your grid. I used a mix of what I had on hand. You could cut these with your Cricut to get uniform looking numbers.
9. Glue large flower to top corner if you wish. (from Christmas kit)
10. Add magnets to the back of each chipboard piece and you are done!