Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kit Close Up-Wiggly Eyes

Martha include some really cute and fun wiggly eyes with the Halloween Mega kit.

Image
See them there!

I was so excited to play with these. I've never actually used wiggly eyes on a layout before, although I have seen them used and thought they were adorable! Now having done so, I want to run to the store and get more. I loved them! They were easy to stick on with a dot of glue and they transform the little characters into the most adorable little guys!

Here is how I used them -

You know how you get those beautiful papers with large designs on them and you aren't sure how to use them? You don't want to cover it up, but should you cut it out or work around it or just go ahead and layer over it or . . . ? I sometimes get stuck with what to do with these kind of papers.

The Halloween kit had a few of these papers. The design was adorable and I really wanted it to stand out. I found a sketch that I could use with a lot of white space

Image
(pagemaps of course!)

and placed my picture so a lot of the background would show in the white space. To make the background images stand out even more, I added the googly eyes. Now these bats where so cute to begin with. The eyes just really help them to pop off the page!

Image

Image

That was one of the Fancy Pants papers. There was also a Bo Bunny paper with a big design on it.

Image

I really wanted to use the paper as is, without cutting. If I cut the ghosts out I would loose some detail, like the little spiders and the web and the title. I could have used more wiggly eyes here, but I already used what I had on my first layout. I decided to stickle the spider eyes and ghosts to help them pop. I also cut around a tiny part of one ghost that was going to get covered over.

Image

Image

It is hard to see the sparkle in the photos, but its there!

There is one more paper with a large design on it. Its by Fancy Pants.

Image

I think I will cut this up to make some "Boo Blocks." I'll post them when I am done!

No comments: