Monday, November 23, 2009

Going Green w Christmas Cards

Every Monday until Christmas someone from theScrapbookDeals4U.com DT is going to share with you a fun project they have made for the holidays. I'm up first!

I needed to make some Christmas cards. I had some Thank You Cards in my stash that I was never going to use. They were pretty, but not that exciting. I decided to use those cards as the base for my Christmas Cards. Recycle them in a way!

Here is the starting card:
Image
Nice, but ordinary

I had picked up some super fun Jolly by Golly paper and embellies and was itching to use that paper. It would work too because it has some pink in it and my recycled envelopes were pink.

I started to build my base and wanted to decide whether to use the pink snowman paper (because of the envies) or keep with the greeninsh color scheme.

These were my two choices:
Image
or
Image

I decided the greenish color looked better, but still needed to get some pink on the card for the tie in with the envie!

I decided to use the pink snowman paper on the inside of the card (and I covered up the printed thank you sentiment too).

Image

I then chose some of the Ready Set Chip and stickers from the line that had red or pink in it for the front to help with the envie color. I stamped a sentiment on red cardstock, adhere it and the trim to the card. It needed a little something more so I used my stardust pen on the fronts to finish the cards off.

Here they are:
Image

Fast, cute, and GREEN (in more ways than one!)

And here is a recent layout I did using CC's paper line too!

Image

Thanks for looking and I hope you share with us something you make for the holidays this year. Look forward to our next project next Monday.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Are you kidding me right now with those cards?!??! I can't believe those! They are soooo cute!!! Disgustingly cute!!! You are soo stinkin' creative!