We only have 2 more challenges for our scrappy party at SD4U. Let me show you what we have been making so far:
Here are the challenges as they will be posted:
1. Our first month of business was March. Easter was in March of last year, so your challenge representing this month is to create any size layout with these elements:
something brown to represent a chocolate bunny
something new in your stash to represent the newness of spring
The word CHICK in you title
2. Our 2nd month was April. You know how the saying goes, "April showers bring. . ."
Use 4 blue elements on your layout (can be bling, brads, flowers, ink, paint, paper, etc) to represent the rain showers in April. This does not have to be monchoromatic.
3. Our 3rd month is May and we know May is known for May flowers, but its also Mother's Day.
Create a card or altered project for Mother's Day with at least 5 flowers on it.
4. June was our 4th month. You have two choices for this challenge. Either create a Father's Day card or a layout with an orange and blue color scheme. Those colors seem so summery and that's what June leads up to!
5. July was the 5th month of business and that month brings picnics, BBQs, and Independence Day.
Create a birthday card or party favor with a red, white, and blue theme.
6. Our 6th month anniversary was August. That to me is the quintessential summer month.
Your challenge for this month is to create a layout with:
circles (to represent beach balls)
stripes (for the beach towel)
something transparent (to represent the cool water of the pool, ocean, and lake)
7. Month 7 was September, back to school for the kids. Time to celebrate the return of a schedule!
Create a layout with lots of bling on it
Journal about your daily routine. Routines can be boring so use the bling to spice up your routine!
8. October was the 8th month of kits and it is a spooky month. It doesn't have to be all about Halloween though.
Use black, purple, and gold on a card or layout. Do not use Halloween pictures or products.
Use part of a song somewhere on your layout. This could be your title or journaling.
9. November, month 9, is time to give thanks and gather as a family.
Create a layout using a photo with more than one person in it
Use orange and/or brown somewhere on your layout
Include something round, like buttons, a journaling spot, the polka dots on the alpha, the pumpkins in the picture, anything round goes for this
10. Month 10 was December, my favorite month of the year.
Create a layout about 3 of your favorite things (can be people or objects).
Use ribbon or trim(like on Christmas presents)
Use something red and green as well. These do not have to be the main colors.
Adhere your items in at least 5 different ways. I used staples, brads, foam dots, liquid glue, tape runner, and a library clip on the flower.
We have our Jan and Feb challenges next. Have you been playing along? You have until the end of the month to get your layouts made!